2019 Collaborative Book Project
Participants: Participants must be BAG members in good standing.
- Friday, August 30, 2019: Deadline for members to notify Linda Zwick (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Julie Filatoff (email@example.com) of their intention to participate.
- Friday, September 6, 2019 (or earlier): Participants will be notified how many pages to make for exchange and will receive detailed instructions. On this date you will also be able to pick up the Arches Text Wove paper (for the interior pages) at the Rotunda Exhibit Reception, 4 pm to 6 pm, from Julie Filatoff (or contact us to arrange another time).
- Saturday, October 5, 2019: Meeting for exchange of pages for the book and for construction of participants’ books at La Cienega Volunteer Fire Station (Rancho Viejo).
- BAG Annual End-of-Year Meeting, early December 2019: Participants will bring their collaborative books to show off.
Theme: Your favorite alphabetic character.
Book Structure: Crown Book as described in Hedi Kyle and Ulla Warchol’s book, The Art of the Fold. The finished book will be approximately 5½” tall x 3¾” wide. If you wish, you can purchase the book here: https://amzn.to/2YXVKDS
Color Palette: Limited to black, white, metallic silver, metallic gold, metallic copper, shades of gray. Please resist using any other colors.
Paper and Other Materials: For $12 participants will be provided with Arches Text Wove 120gsm white for the interior pages, and French Paper Company Construction 70 lb. white for the spine/accordion/cover. NO SUBSTITUTIONS ARE PERMITTED. On September 6 you may pick up the Arches Text Wove paper at the Rotunda Exhibit Reception, 4 pm to 6 pm, from Julie Filatoff (or contact us to arrange another time).
Each Participant Will Bring to the Compilation Meeting:
- Approximately 24 decorated (painted, drawn, printed, collaged) sheets, decorated on both sides with the limited palette described above, and on the paper specified.
Each Participant will be Provided, at the Compilation Meeting:
- A page from every other participant.
- A title page listing the participants.
- Paper for the accordion/spine/ cover.