Santa Fe Book Arts Group Art Flea Market
Vendor Rules and Information
Saturday, October 14, 2023, 10 am-3 pm (setup 8:30-10 am; takedown 3-4 pm)
Yes, we know it’s the day of the eclipse
At St. John’s United Methodist Church of Santa Fe
1200 Old Pecos Trail (at Cordova), Santa Fe, NM 87505
The Annual Art Flea Market enables BAG members to declutter their art studios. It is highly anticipated by other BAG members, the art community as a whole, and visitors to Santa Fe.
Members can sell any art supplies or tools that one would use to make art, display art, or be inspired to make art. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Handmade papers
- Paints, pastels, pencils
- Brushes, palette knives
- Books about art techniques or artists
- Art storage items
- Fabric and Yarn
- You are also welcome to sell your own artwork
Please note: This is not a garage sale. If you have items that are not art or related to art, the organizers will ask you to remove those items from display.
To participate as a seller, read this entire document, then fill out the application.
- 8:00 to 8:30 am: Vendors may pile up boxes outside entry doors (under portal).
- 8:30 am: Carry in items (helpers okay) and begin setup. Pick up your nametag.
- 9:00 am: Helpers leave. Helpers take car OR vendors please move cars to far end of parking lot so our buyers have convenient places to park.
- 9:00 to 10:00 am: Finish setup. Vendors and volunteers may buy from other vendors (please don’t sell to anyone else).
- 10:00 am to 3:00 pm: Art Flea Market open to the public.
- 3:00 to 4:00 pm: Takedown. Please don’t start packing up before 3:00. It’s disruptive to other vendors and buyers.
- 4:00 pm: Leave with lots of money and more space in your studio!
The fee is $20 per vendor, which you can pay via check or PayPal (see application form).
- Table and 2 chairs
Second table MAY be available; see application form.
- Items for sale
- Items to donate for the FREE table or the BAG sales table
- Change (plenty of $1, $5, $10, etc.)
- Lunch, snacks, and drinks (consume ONLY in the kitchen)
Your $20 vendor fee helps pay for advertising, which includes:
- Posters (we’ll email to you); please email to your friends and family, print it and post it (with permission) around town, post it on your Facebook or Instagram account, etc.
- Santa Fe Reporter
Thanks to Our Volunteers
- One will answer general questions about the Art Flea Market and BAG.
- One will take membership dues.
- One or two will answer questions, prevent early entry of buyers, and ensure that helpers leave by 9 am.
- Two will cover your table so you can take breaks.
- Two will work at the BAG sales table.
Want to volunteer? Contact Cynthia Leespring.
- Abide by the schedule above.
- When you leave, take your trash (including food trash) and unwanted packing materials to the dumpster.
- No smoking anywhere on the property.
- No items may be taped, tacked or otherwise attached to walls, doors or other surfaces.
- We will have one or more FREE tables where vendors (or any BAG members) can place unwanted items. At 3:00 pm please remove any of your remaining items that you would like back. Anything left on these tables will be donated to Resourceful Santa Fe.
- Please keep the aisles clear and do not block fire exits, alarms, and extinguishers. If you have questions, see Cynthia Leespring or Julie Filatoff.