The Paper, Paper, Paper Exhibition is an exciting new exhibition at the Taos Center for the Arts. Artists are challenged to create works of art with paper as a medium. Cellulose must be involved in the concept of the artwork and works may be handmade papers, manipulated papers, prints that feature paper in some way, artist’s books made with papers etc.
Conditions of Exhibition:
1. entry fee – $25 member, $35 for non-member
2. art must use paper as a medium
2. art is to have been completed within the past year
4. wall hung art must be professionally mounted or framed, ready to hang, and no larger than 30″ wide.
5. artist may submit only one work of art for consideration by jury, thus only fill in one submission below.
6. all works of art must remain on exhibition for the length of the show
7. works may be for sale – 60% to artist; 40% to TCA
8. artist is responsible for all shipping arrangements; payment responsibility of purchaser
9. TCA reserves the right to use any image of accepted works for publicity and documentations.
10. Artists are encouraged to attend opening reception Thursday September 9, 4-6pm
1. Monday, August 7 midnight – Deadline for submission.
2. Monday, August 18 – notification of acceptance
3. Monday, September 4 – deliver art to TCA, Encore Gallery between 10 and noon
4. Thursday, September – opening reception, 4-6pm
1. Digital images are the only accepted form of submission.
2. File format: JPEG only.
3. File dimensions: 600 to 900 pixels on the longest side of the actual print image,
4. File Resolution: 72 ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
5. Submit only one work of art per artist.
6. Please do not provide “option information” below.
Juror – Lynn Sures
Lynn Sures, Professor Emerita and former Chair of Fine Arts at the Corcoran College of Art + Design in Washington, DC, has been invited to jury the exhibition and conduct a pulp and paper workshop. Lynn has traveled within the US, Italy, Japan, Australia, Sri Lanka, and Turkey to exhibit, lecture, and offer workshops on hand papermaking. Lynn has recently been awarded an Artist’s Research Fellowship from the Smithsonian Institution for research in Washington, DC and Kenya. The expertise that Lynn brings to both is not found among Taos artists and there has been an expressed interest among printmakers and bookmakers for instruction in pulp drawing and paper making.
Pulp and Paper Workshop with Lynn Sures at the historic Stables Gallery
26-29 October 2017, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Workshop includes a public discussion, exhibition of work, and reception in the Stables Art Gallery, Sunday, October 29, 2-5 pm.
The Pulp and Paper Workshop will provide participants with the opportunity to prepare several types of natural pulp fibers –including hand-beating kozo pulp, pigmenting abaca and flax pulp to create collaborative and individual pulp paintings. Participants will also make sheets of handmade paper and pulp paintings on Himalayan style molds. The final day of the workshop will include a public presentation/demonstration and a closing reception/gallery talk for the Paper Paper Paper Exhibition in the Encore Gallery. To register contact the TCA at 758-2052. Only 12 slots available. $395 for TCA Members and $425 for non Members. First come first served. Deposit of $100 required to reserve space, if unable to attend deposit is refundable if space can be filled with another participate. Call TCA at 575-578-2051 to reserve your space.
For more information check TCA news on website: http://tcataos.org/entries/add_entry
Artists’ Book Cornucopia VIII: Abecedarian Artists’ Books in Denver, Colorado, is calling for submissions for Artists’ Book Cornucopia VIII, the eighth annual artists’ book exhibit. Orchestrated by Abecedarian Gallery, the exhibit will be on view at Art Gym Denver, Colorado. International in scope, the exhibit will feature works Eligible are any artist bookworks other than SPOD (Self Published On Demand such as Lulu, Blurb and so forth). Books may be editioned or unique, sculptural or more traditionally bound, interactive or passive. Books that measure more than 18 inches(closed) in any dimension are ineligible. Show dates: October 12 – November 4, 2017. Final submission deadline: August 21, 2017 (midnight, MST). More information: http://bit.ly/ABC8-prospectus