Call for Entry: Poetry Posts Project with Miriam Sagan
Ten posts on the Santa Fe Community College campus serve as frames for the temporary installation of poems on standard-sized paper (8.5 inches by 11 inches, portrait format).
Examples and a map: https://miriamswell.wordpress.com/category/poetry-posts/
Miriam has issued a call to BAG members:
- Create 1 to 3 sheets of paper to be framed on the posts.
- Stay within the margins of the page.
- Use your own poem—or a poem in common domain—and present it however you like visually.
- Attribute the poem, and include your name as artist.
- Keep a copy of the original work for your files, because the other will deteriorate due to sun and moisture after a few months on the posts.
Send the hard copies to Miriam Sagan, 626 Kathryn St., Santa Fe, NM 87505.
Deadline: November 1, 2021
Other than snail-mailing your page(s) to Miriam, you don’t have to do anything physically to participate. She will curate the posts and keep everyone informed.
Depending on the response, the posts can turn over every time 10 sheets are received. Work will be up for several months.
This is a continuing pandemic project. All posts are outside, and visitors are welcome when the campus is open. Miriam works closely with PR and security to create a good event and her blog, Miriam’s Well, documents the posts as well. These remain uncertain times, however, and there may be campus closures.
Questions? Email Miriam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click images below to enlarge.