Santa Fe Book Arts Group Collaborative Book 2022: The Ledger
A line or two of your favorite poetry, prose, or inspirational quote along with your illustration
(collage, drawings, photo, letterpress–whatever suits your fancy).
- Making Handmade Books: 100+ Bindings, Structures & Forms by Alisa Golden, pages 89 and 90.
- Size is 3” high x 8.5” wide, to be read horizontally
- Single unfolded pages. Because these are single sheets, you are encouraged to decorate the back side of your page, but you are not required to do so.
- Leave 1” on left for binding, therefore 7.5” for image and text
- Soft or hardcover options for your complied book
- There will be Japanese stab binding options (simple to complex) for your compiled book
Canson Mi-Teintes 98#, any color (comes in pads of variety of colors–can order from Dick Blick and others; Artisan has single sheets)
Before the compilation meeting in December we will provide you with details on options for creating your book cover, suggested materials, and options for recommended stab binding.
- Sunday, October 9, 2022: Sign up to participate.
- No Later Than Wednesday, October 12: Participants will be notified of how many pages to make.
- Saturday, November 12: Pages due to Linda. If you are local to Santa Fe, you can deliver them to Linda at the Art Flea Market on Saturday, October 29. Another day and place will also be announced for local delivery. Or you can mail your pages to: Linda Zwick, 202 La Cueva Street, Los Alamos, NM 87544.
- After November 12 (Date TBD): If you mailed pages to Linda, she will mail back a packet of pages from other participants and a title page/colophon. If you delivered pages to Linda, she will set a date for distribution of packets to those who wish to pick them up in Santa Fe.
- Saturday, December 3: Compilation meeting, either via Zoom or hybrid (in-person and Zoom).
YOU MUST BE A CURRENT BAG MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE. Click here to see if you are a current BAG member (click on Member List). To sign up, please send your name, address, phone number, and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. (You may also ask Linda questions via email.)